Secretary of Stat Rex tillerson announced today that the Trump Administration is conducting a comprehensive review our Iran policy. Tillerson went on to explain that Iran is a State sponsor of terror and provides weapons and military training to those who wish to overthrow our allies.
Tillerson made the case that Iran is a threat to the security of the United States, the Region and the World, Tillerson concluded:
Once the Trump Administration has finalized their conclusions, they will meet the challenges Iran poses with clarity and conviction.
Rex Tillerson didn’t mince words when he listed violation after violation — making the case that Iran is still the greatest threat to peace and stability throughout the world.
Iran’s violations include:
- Iran is the leading sponsor of state terrorism
- Is responsible for intensifying multiple conflict that undermines U.S. interests: syria yemen iraq lebanon
- Supporter of the Assad regime that killed approximately 500,000 people and displaced millions of others.
- provides arms financing and training, and funnels foreign fighters into syria
- Iran has sent members of the Iran revolutionary guard to take part in the syrian war
- Iran supports some militant groups in Iraq primarily through the “Quds force” which has been undermining security in iraq for years.
- Iran maintains longstanding hostility towards our greatest Ally in the region — Israel, for example: exhibiting a missile through the streets that had the words written on it saying: “Death to Israel”
- Iran providing weapons, training and funding to Hamas and other palestinian terrorist organizations
- Iran continues to support the “Hudis” attempt to overthrow the Yemeni government — providing military equipment, funding, training which is threatening Saudi Arabia’s southern border
- Iranian naval vessels continue to undermine freedom of navigation in the Persian Gulf. by harassing US vessels
- Has conducted cyber attacks in the US and gulf partners
- Iran has been behind terrorist attacks around the world, including the attempted assassination of US Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir, then Saudi Ambassador to the United States.
- Iran also continues to have one of the world’s worst human rights records, having political opponents jailed and executed, and execution of juveniles, and punishment that doesn’t fit the crime
- Iran detains foreigners on false charges, and has jailed U.S. citizens on false charges.
He went on the say that Iran continues on with it’s nuclear ambitions, and are a grave risk to international peace and security. Despite the UN and JCPOA agreements, Iran continues to the testing of medium range missile is in violation of UN resolution 2231.
Tillerson concluded saying that:
The JCPOA fails to achieve the objective of a non-nuclear Iran. It only delays their goal of becoming a nuclear state.
he explained that the same passive 20 years of diplomatic efforts, is the same failed approach that made north korea the threat it is today.
The Trump administration will not leave this unresolved for the next administration, he exclaimed, and once the Trump Administration has finalized their conclusions they will meet the challenges Iran poses with clarity and conviction.
Special thanks to American Military News for the news video.